IN GLOOM: FOR WHOM THE [SCHOOL] BELL TOLLS
ISSUE NO. 2 – SEPT/OCT 2019
DIS/MEMBER PRESENTS ‘IN GLOOM’ A BI-MONTHLY DIGITAL MAGAZINE.
In this issue, we go back to school and get excited for everyone’s favorite time of the year: Halloween! Anelise Farris dives into the communication of disease in Lazaretto. Justin Partridge reveals in his personal essay how Battle Royale made him the awesome human he is today. Michael Walls-Kelly ranks the Halloween series and tells us why The First Purge is badass.+
Plus, Sidney Morgan runs down how to survive among the student body. Insha Fitzpatrick writes about Knives and Skin, one of the coolest films of the year. Greg Brothers provides us a solid explanation of how Scream changed everything. Lastly, Michael Farris Jr. brings us another chilling tale with his new short story ‘11:38 P.M.’ (Y’all… it’s so fucking good.)
– THE HALLOWEEN SERIES, RANKED
– COLLEGE CONTAGION IN LAZARETTO
– HOW BATTLE ROYALE HELPED MY GROW
– A STUDENT SURVIVAL GUIDE. LITERALLY.
– THE FIRST PURGE RULES: DUMBASS CONSERVATIVES GOT THE WRONG MOVIE CANCELLED
– HOW SCREAM BROUGHT HORROR BACK FROM THE BRINK
– REVIEW: KNIVES AND SKIN (2019)
– SHORT STORY: ‘11:38 P.M.’